With market conditions continuing to present themselves as nothing less than challenging, more homes continuing to show as distressed, and competition growing as short sales and bank-owned properties come on the market, there are some creative solutions we use to get your home sold. There is a company I want to brag on that has taken the old staging technique and put a twist on it. The company is Showhomes and they have become very creative in marketing to a cash-strapped marketplace.
- Stage your home while on the market.
- Pay your upkeep costs (electric, lawn, pool, etc.)
- Hire a home manager to lightly live in the house.
- Have the home in show condition at the drop of a hat.
- Provide assurance to a your insurance company as opposed to being vacant.
- Cost to you: Zero dollars!
I fell in love with the concept when I first heard of it. As an agent I know how much more difficult vacant homes are to sell. Because they are vacant, buyers create a since of urgency and motivation on the sellers behalf. The offers come in a bit lower than would be expected and the negotiations, at times, go nowhere from that point. It’s proven that staged homes sell for a higher price, on average, than vacant homes.
Here is a video helping to explain the process as well.
For more information, click here for their website and testimonials.